|International Students||| Print ||
PUTNAM SCIENCE ACADEMY
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Putnam Science Academy started accepting students from all over the world at 2005 with student visa (F-1). Students who are applying for 11th and 12th grades are required to take TOEFL iBT and score at least 65. ESL instruction is not offered for 11th and 12th grade students. For students applying to 9th and 10th grades whose English levels are not appropriate to attend regular classes are going to take ESL classes for 1 year. Every student will also be given a placement tests: EXPLORE and PLAN. For more info about these tests please visit “How to Apply” page. Please read all the instructions carefully.
We recommend you begin the application process as early as possible because it takes time to process your file and evaluate your records. Please print your name on the application as it appears in your passport. The information will be used to complete the necessary visa documents (I-20 )
You will need a student (F-1) visa from the American Embassy or Consulate in your home country. Do not obtain a “B” (tourist/visitor) visa, because you will not be able to change it to an “F” or “J” status.
F-1 Visa: This is the most common student visa. After your application for admission is approved, PSA Office of Admissions will issue you a Certificate of Eligibility (I-20 Form). Immigration regulations require you to attend high school whose I-20 Form you used to enter the United States.
When applying for a visa, you must present the following documents at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate: a valid passport, plus the I-20. You will also be asked to show proof that you have adequate financial support to attend Putnam Science Academy.
1. Fill out an online application form or request a packet of information from the Admissions Office.
2. Schedule a phone/skype interview that is conducted by admissions officers. Call 1-860-928-5010.
3. Take necessary tests (TOEFL/EXPLORE/PLAN)
3. Fill out all enrollment forms ( health records , emergency, agreement ….)
5. An international student must complete and return to the Putnam Science Academy the Affidavit of Support form. It is important that all financial arrangements be confirmed before the student arrives at Putnam Science Academy. If the international student is accepted and financial arrangements completed, PSA will issue an I-20 form which will expedite securing a student visa.
Putnam Science Academy